Terms and Conditions of Briefy
These Terms govern
- the use of Briefy, and,
- any other related Agreement or legal relationship with the Owner
in a legally binding way. Capitalized words are defined in the relevant dedicated section of this document.
The User must read this document carefully.
Although the entire contractual relationship relating to these Products is entered into solely by the Owner and Users, Users acknowledge and agree that, where Briefy has been provided to them via the Apple App Store, Apple may enforce these Terms as a third-party beneficiary.
Nothing in these Terms creates any relationship of employment, agency, or partnership between the involved parties.
Briefy is provided by:
Owner contact email: email@example.com
What the User should know at a glance
- The Service/Briefy is only intended for Consumers.
Single or additional conditions of use or access may apply in specific scenarios and in such cases are additionally indicated within this document.
By using Briefy, Users confirm to meet the following requirements:
- Users must qualify as Consumers;
- Users aren't located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist-supporting” country;
- Users aren't listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties;
To use the Service Users must register or create a User account, providing all required data or information in a complete and truthful manner.
Failure to do so will cause unavailability of the Service.
Users are responsible for keeping their login credentials confidential and safe. For this reason, Users are also required to choose passwords that meet the highest standards of strength permitted by Briefy.
By registering, Users agree to be fully responsible for all activities that occur under their username and password.
Users are required to immediately and unambiguously inform the Owner via the contact details indicated in this document, if they think their personal information, including but not limited to User accounts, access credentials or personal data, have been violated, unduly disclosed or stolen.
Conditions for account registration
Registration of User accounts on Briefy is subject to the conditions outlined below. By registering, Users agree to meet such conditions.
- Accounts registered by bots or any other automated methods are not permitted.
- Unless otherwise specified, each User must register only one account.
- Unless explicitly permitted, a User account may not be shared with other persons.
Users can terminate their account and stop using the Service at any time by doing the following:
- By directly contacting the Owner at the contact details provided in this document.
However, termination of the account will not be possible until the subscription period paid for by the User has expired.
Account suspension and deletion
The Owner reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to suspend or delete at any time and without notice, User accounts that it deems inappropriate, offensive or in violation of these Terms.
The suspension or deletion of User accounts shall not entitle Users to any claims for compensation, damages or reimbursement.
The suspension or deletion of accounts due to causes attributable to the User does not exempt the User from paying any applicable fees or prices.
Content on Briefy
Unless where otherwise specified or clearly recognizable, all content available on Briefy is owned or provided by the Owner or its licensors.
The Owner undertakes its utmost effort to ensure that the content provided on Briefy infringes no applicable legal provisions or third-party rights. However, it may not always be possible to achieve such a result.
In such cases, without prejudice to any legal prerogatives of Users to enforce their rights, Users are kindly asked to preferably report related complaints using the contact details provided in this document.
Rights regarding content on Briefy - All rights reserved
The Owner holds and reserves all intellectual property rights for any such content.
Users may not, therefore, use such content in any way that is not necessary or implicit in the proper use of the Service.
In particular, but without limitation, Users may not copy, download, share (beyond the limits set forth below), modify, translate, transform, publish, transmit, sell, sublicense, edit, transfer/assign to third parties or create derivative works from the content available on Briefy, nor allow any third party to do so through the User or their device, even without the User's knowledge.
Where explicitly stated on Briefy, the User may download, copy and/or share some content available through Briefy for its sole personal and non-commercial use and provided that the copyright attributions and all the other attributions requested by the Owner are correctly implemented.
Any applicable statutory limitation or exception to copyright shall stay unaffected.
Access to provided content
Content that Users provide to Briefy is made available according to the criteria outlined within this section.
Private content provided by Users shall stay private and will not be shared with any third parties or accessed by the Owner without the User's explicit consent.
Users may (and are encouraged to) check on Briefy to find details of who can access the content they provide.
Access to external resources
Through Briefy Users may have access to external resources provided by third parties. Users acknowledge and accept that the Owner has no control over such resources and is therefore not responsible for their content and availability.
Conditions applicable to any resources provided by third parties, including those applicable to any possible grant of rights in content, result from each such third parties' terms and conditions or, in the absence of those, applicable statutory law.
Briefy and the Service may only be used within the scope of what they are provided for, under these Terms and applicable law.
Users are solely responsible for making sure that their use of Briefy and/or the Service violates no applicable law, regulations or third-party rights.
Therefore, the Owner reserves the right to take any appropriate measure to protect its legitimate interests including denying Users access to Briefy or the Service, terminating contracts, reporting any misconduct performed through Briefy or the Service to the competent authorities - such as judicial or administrative authorities - whenever Users are suspected to be in violation of any laws, regulations, third-party rights and/or these Terms, including, but not limited to, by engaging in any of the following activities:
- pretending to fulfill any possible condition or requirements for accessing Briefy and/or using the Services, such as for instance being adult according to law or qualifying as a Consumer;
- concealing their identity or stealing someone else's identity or pretend to be or represent a third-party, if not allowed to do so by such third-party;
- manipulating identifiers to disguise or otherwise conceal the origin of their messages or of the content posted;
- defaming, abusing, harassing, using threatening practices, threatening or violating the legal rights of others in any other way;
- promoting activity that may endanger the User's life or the life of any other User or lead to physical harm. This includes but is not limited to suicide threats or instigations, intentional physical trauma, the use of illegal drugs, or excessive drinking. Under no circumstance is any User allowed to post any content promoting and/or encouraging and/or showing any self-destructive or violent behavior on Briefy;
- probing, scanning or testing the vulnerability of Briefy, including the services or any network connected to the website, nor breaching the security or authentication measures on Briefy, including the services or any network connected to Briefy;
- installing, embedding, uploading or otherwise incorporating any malware into or via Briefy;
- using Briefy or the technical infrastructure in an abusive, excessive or otherwise inappropriate way (for example: for spamming purposes);
- attempting to disrupt or tamper with the technical infrastructure in a manner that harms or places an undue burden on Briefy or the Service;
- instigating other Users to complete a transaction started on Briefy outside of Briefy in order to save any applicable service fees;
Excessive use of the API
- sending abusive or excessively frequent requests to the Service via the API. The Owner will determine what constitutes abuse or excessive usage of the API and additionally reserves the right to temporarily or permanently suspend access to the API by the User. In such cases, the Owner will make a reasonable attempt to alert the User prior to suspension;
- adopting any automated process to extract, harvest or scrape information, data and/or content from Briefy and all the digital properties thereto related unless where explicitly allowed to do so by the Owner;
- disseminating or publishing content that is unlawful, obscene, illegitimate, libelous or inappropriate;
- publishing any content that promotes, either directly or indirectly, hate, racism, discrimination, pornography, violence;
- disseminating or publishing any content that is false or may create unjustified alarm;
- using Briefy to publish, disseminate or otherwise provide content protected by intellectual property laws, including but not limited to patent, trademark or copyright law, unlawfully and without the legitimate right-holder's consent;
- using Briefy to publish, disseminate or otherwise make available any other content which infringes on any third-party rights, including but not limited to state, military, trade or professional secrets and personal data;
- publishing any content or carrying out any activity that disrupts, interrupts, harms, or otherwise violates the integrity of Briefy or another User's experience or devices. Such activities include: spamming, distributing unauthorized advertisements, phishing, defrauding others, spreading malware or viruses etc.;
- misappropriating any account in use by another User;
- harvesting or collecting any personally identifying information of other Users including but not limited to their email addresses or contact information, by circumventing the privacy setting of other Users' accounts on Briefy or by any other means;
- using any information relating to other Users, including personal or contact data, for purposes other than those Briefy is intended for;
Commercial use restrictions
- registering or using Briefy in order to promote, sell or advertise products or services of any kind in any way;
- indicating or trying to imply in any manner, that a User stands in a qualified relationship with Briefy or that Briefy has endorsed the User, the User's products or services or any third party's products and services for any purpose;
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
Some of the Products provided on Briefy, as part of the Service, are provided on the basis of payment.
The fees, duration and conditions applicable to the purchase of such Products are described below and in the dedicated sections of Briefy.
To purchase Products, the User must register or log into Briefy.
Prices, descriptions or availability of Products are outlined in the respective sections of Briefy and are subject to change without notice.
While Products on Briefy are presented with the greatest accuracy technically possible, representation on Briefy through any means (including, as the case may be, graphic material, images, colors, sounds) is for reference only and implies no warranty as to the characteristics of the purchased Product.
The characteristics of the chosen Product will be outlined during the purchasing process.
Any steps taken from choosing a Product to order submission form part of the purchasing process.
The purchasing process includes these steps:
- Users must choose the desired Product and verify their purchase selection.
- After having reviewed the information displayed in the purchase selection, Users may place the order by submitting it.
When the User submits an order, the following applies:
- The submission of an order determines contract conclusion and therefore creates for the User the obligation to pay the price, taxes and possible further fees and expenses, as specified on the order page.
- In case the purchased Product requires an action from the User, such as the provision of personal information or data, specifications or special wishes, the order submission creates an obligation for the User to cooperate accordingly.
- Upon submission of the order, Users will receive a receipt confirming that the order has been received.
All notifications related to the described purchasing process shall be sent to the email address provided by the User for such purposes.
Users are informed during the purchasing process and before order submission, about any fees, taxes and costs (including, if any, delivery costs) that they will be charged.
Prices on Briefy are displayed:
- either exclusive or inclusive of any applicable fees, taxes and costs, depending on the section the User is browsing.
Methods of payment
Information related to accepted payment methods are made available during the purchasing process.
Some payment methods may only be available subject to additional conditions or fees. In such cases related information can be found in the dedicated section of Briefy.
All payments are independently processed through third-party services. Therefore, Briefy does not collect any payment information - such as credit card details - but only receives a notification once the payment has been successfully completed.
If a payment through the available methods fails or is refused by the payment service provider, the Owner shall be under no obligation to fulfill the purchase order. If a payment fails or is refused, the Owner reserves the right to claim any related expenses or damages from the User.
Purchase via app store
Briefy or specific Products available for sale on Briefy must be purchased via a third-party app store. To access such purchases, Users must follow the instructions provided on the relevant online store (such as "Apple App Store" or "Google Play"), which may vary depending on the particular device in use.
Unless otherwise specified, purchases done via third-party online stores are also subject to such third-parties' terms and conditions, which, in case of any inconsistency or conflict, shall always prevail upon these Terms.
Users purchasing through such third-party online stores must therefore read such terms and conditions of sale carefully and accept them.
Retention of usage rights
Users do not acquire any rights to use the purchased Product until the total purchase price is received by the Owner.
Performance of services
The purchased service shall be performed or made available within the timeframe specified on Briefy or as communicated before the order submission.
Users have the option to test Briefy or selected Products during a limited and non-renewable trial period, at no cost. Some features or functions of Briefy may not be available to Users during the trial period.
Further conditions applicable to the trial period, including its duration, will be specified on Briefy.
The trial period shall end automatically and shall not convert into any paid Product unless the User actively purchases such paid Product.
Subscriptions allow Users to receive a Product continuously or regularly over time. Details regarding the type of subscription and termination are outlined below.
Paid subscriptions begin on the day the payment is received by the Owner.
In order to maintain subscriptions, Users must pay the required recurring fee in a timely manner. Failure to do so may cause service interruptions.
Subscriptions handled via Apple ID
Users may subscribe to a Product using the Apple ID associated with their Apple App Store account by using the relevant process on Briefy. When doing so, Users acknowledge and accept that
- any payment due shall be charged to their Apple ID account;
- subscriptions are automatically renewed for the same duration unless the User cancels at least 24 hours before the current period expires;
- any and all fees or payments due for renewal will be charged within 24-hours before the end of the current period;
- subscriptions can be managed or cancelled in the Users' Apple App Store account settings.
The above shall prevail upon any conflicting or diverging provision of these Terms.
Subscriptions may be terminated by sending a clear and unambiguous termination notice to the Owner using the contact details provided in this document, or — if applicable — by using the corresponding controls inside Briefy.
Termination of open-ended subscriptions
Open-ended subscriptions may be terminated at any time by sending a clear and unambiguous termination notice to the Owner using the contact details provided in this document, or — if applicable — by using the corresponding controls inside this Application.
Terminations shall take effect 30 days after the notice of termination has been received by the Owner.
Right of withdrawal
Unless exceptions apply, the User may be eligible to withdraw from the contract within the period specified below (generally 14 days), for any reason and without justification. Users can learn more about the withdrawal conditions within this section.
The right of withdrawal does not apply on Briefy
Users acknowledge and accept that the right of withdrawal does not apply to contracts concluded over Briefy due to the nature of its offering.
UK User rights
Right to cancel
Unless exceptions apply, Users who are Consumers in the United Kingdom have a legal right of cancellation under UK law and may be eligible to withdraw from contracts made online (distance contracts) within the period specified below (generally 14 days), for any reason and without justification.
Users that do not qualify as Consumers, cannot benefit from the rights described in this section. Users can learn more about the cancellation conditions within this section.
Exercising the right to cancel
To exercise their right to cancel, Users must send to the Owner an unequivocal statement of their intention to withdraw from the contract. To this end, Users may use the model withdrawal form available from within the “definitions” section of this document. Users are, however, free to express their intention to withdraw from the contract by making an unequivocal statement in any other suitable way. In order to meet the deadline within which they can exercise such right, Users must send the withdrawal notice before the cancellation period expires. When does the cancellation period expire?
- Regarding the purchase of a service, the cancellation period expires 14 days after the day that the contract is entered into, unless the User has waived the right to cancel.
Effects of cancellation
Users who correctly withdraw from a contract will be reimbursed by the Owner for all payments made to the Owner, including, if any, those covering the costs of delivery.
However, any additional costs resulting from the choice of a particular delivery method other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by the Owner, will not be reimbursed.
Such reimbursement shall be made without undue delay and, in any event, no later than 14 days from the day on which the Owner is informed of the User's decision to withdraw from the contract. Unless otherwise agreed with the User, reimbursements will be made using the same means of payment as used to process the initial transaction. In any event, the User shall not incur any costs or fees as a result of such reimbursement.
…on the purchase of services
Where a User exercises the right to cancel after having requested that the service be performed before the cancellation period expires, the User shall pay to the Owner an amount which is in proportion to the part of service provided.
Such payment shall be calculated based on the fee contractually agreed upon, and be proportional to the part of service provided until the time the User withdraws, compared with the full coverage of the contract.
Brazilian User rights
Right of Regret
Unless an applicable exception is stated below, Users who are Consumers in Brazil have a legal right of regret under Brazilian law. This means that the Consumer has the right to withdraw from contracts made online (distance contracts or any contract signed away from business premises) within seven (7) days of the date the contract was entered into or the receipt of the product or service, for any reason and without justification. Users that do not qualify as Consumers, cannot benefit from the rights described in this section. The right of regret may be exercised by the Consumer via contact channels listed at the beginning of this Document and in accordance with the guidelines in this Section.
The right of regret does not apply on Briefy
Users acknowledge and accept that the right of regret does not apply to contracts concluded over Briefy due to the nature of its offering.
Legal guarantee of conformity for services for Consumers in Brazil
The legal guarantee applicable to services sold by Briefy complies with the following terms, according to the Consumer Protection Code:
- non-durable services shall have a thirty-day (30 day) guarantee; and
- durable services shall have a ninety-day (90 day) guarantee.
The warranty period starts from the end of the performance of services.
The warranty is not applicable in cases of service misuse, natural events or if it has been subjected to any maintenance other than that provided by Briefy.
The warranty may be claimed through the contact channels provided by Briefy. If applicable, the Owner shall bear the costs of shipping any goods for technical assessment.The Owner, at its own discretion, may also offer a contractual warranty in addition to the legal warranty.
The regulations applicable to contractual warranties can be found in the specifications provided by Briefy.
If no such information is provided, only the statutory provisions shall apply.
Liability and indemnification
Unless otherwise explicitly stated or agreed with Users, the Owner's liability for damages in connection with the execution of the Agreement shall be excluded, limited and/or reduced to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
The User agrees to indemnify and hold the Owner and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders, partners and employees harmless from and against any claim or demand — including but not limited to lawyer's fees and costs — made by any third party due to or in relation with any culpable violation of these Terms, third-party rights or statutory provisions connected to the use of the Service by the User or its affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders, partners and employees to the extent allowed by applicable law.
Limitation of liability
Unless otherwise explicitly stated and without prejudice to applicable law, Users shall have no right to claim damages against the Owner (or any natural or legal person acting on its behalf).
This does not apply to damages to life, health or physical integrity, damages resulting from the breach of an essential contractual obligation such as any obligation strictly necessary to achieve the purpose of the contract, and/or damages resulting from intent or gross negligence, as long as Briefy has been appropriately and correctly used by the User.
Unless damages have been caused by way of intent or gross negligence, or they affect life, health or physical integrity, the Owner shall only be liable to the extent of typical and foreseeable damages at the moment the contract was entered into.
Limitation of liability
Disclaimer of Warranties
Briefy is provided strictly on an “as is” and “as available” basis.Use of the Service is at Users' own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the Owner expressly disclaims all conditions, representations, and warranties — whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, including, but not limited to, any implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of third-party rights. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by the User from the Owner or through the Service will create any warranty not expressly stated herein.
Without limiting the foregoing, the Owner, its subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors, officers, directors, agents, co-branders, partners, suppliers and employees do not warrant that the content is accurate, reliable or correct; that the Service will meet Users' requirements; that the Service will be available at any particular time or location, uninterrupted or secure; that any defects or errors will be corrected; or that the Service is free of viruses or other harmful components. Any content downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Service is downloaded at Users' own risk and Users shall be solely responsible for any damage to Users' computer system or mobile device or loss of data that results from such download or Users' use of the Service.
The Owner does not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any product or service advertised or offered by a third party through the Service or any hyperlinked website or service, and the Owner shall not be a party to or in any way monitor any transaction between Users and third-party providers of products or services.
The Service may become inaccessible or it may not function properly with Users' web browser, mobile device, and/or operating system. The owner cannot be held liable for any perceived or actual damages arising from Service content, operation, or use of this Service.
Federal law, some states, and other jurisdictions, do not allow the exclusion and limitations of certain implied warranties. The above exclusions may not apply to Users. This Agreement gives Users specific legal rights, and Users may also have other rights which vary from state to state. The disclaimers and exclusions under this agreement shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
Limitations of liability
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall the Owner, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders, partners, suppliers and employees be liable for:
- any indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including without limitation damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses, arising out of or relating to the use of, or inability to use, the Service; and
- any damage, loss or injury resulting from hacking, tampering or other unauthorized access or use of the Service or User account or the information contained therein;
- any errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content;
- personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from User access to or use of the Service;
- any unauthorized access to or use of the Owner's secure servers and/or any and all personal information stored therein;
- any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the Service;
- any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like that may be transmitted to or through the Service;
- any errors or omissions in any content or for any loss or damage incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available through the Service; and/or
- the defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of any User or third party.In no event shall the Owner, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders, partners, suppliers and employees be liable for any claims, proceedings, liabilities, obligations, damages, losses or costs in an amount exceeding the amount paid by User to the Owner hereunder in the preceding 12 months, or the period of duration of this agreement between the Owner and User, whichever is shorter.
This limitation of liability section shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law in the applicable jurisdiction whether the alleged liability is based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, or any other basis, even if company has been advised of the possibility of such damage.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, therefore the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to the User.The terms give User specific legal rights, and User may also have other rights which vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.The disclaimers, exclusions, and limitations of liability under the terms shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
The User agrees to defend, indemnify and hold the Owner and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders, partners, suppliers and employees harmless from and against any and all claims or demands, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses, including, but not limited to, legal fees and expenses, arising from
- User's use of and access to the Service, including any data or content transmitted or received by User;
- User's violation of these terms, including, but not limited to, User's breach of any of the representations and warranties set forth in these terms;
- User's violation of any third-party rights, including, but not limited to, any right of privacy or intellectual property rights;
- User's violation of any statutory law, rule, or regulation;
- any content that is submitted from User's account, including third party access with User's unique username, password or other security measure, if applicable, including, but not limited to, misleading, false, or inaccurate information;
- User's wilful misconduct; or
- statutory provision by User or its affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders, partners, suppliers and employees to the extent allowed by applicable law.
The Owner's failure to assert any right or provision under these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of any such right or provision.No waiver shall be considered a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term.
To ensure the best possible service level, the Owner reserves the right to interrupt the Service for maintenance, system updates or any other changes, informing the Users appropriately.
Within the limits of law, the Owner may also decide to suspend or discontinue the Service altogether. If the Service is discontinued, the Owner will cooperate with Users to enable them to withdraw Personal Data or information and will respect Users' rights relating to continued product use and/or compensation, as provided for by applicable law.
Additionally, the Service might not be available due to reasons outside the Owner's reasonable control, such as “force majeure” events (infrastructural breakdowns or blackouts etc.).
The Owner undertakes to inform the User with at least 30 days' notice in advance, whenever possible.
Users may not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of Briefy and of its Service without the Owner's express prior written permission, granted either directly or through a legitimate reselling programme.
Intellectual property rights
Without prejudice to any more specific provision of these Terms, any intellectual property rights, such as copyrights, trademark rights, patent rights and design rights related to Briefy are the exclusive property of the Owner or its licensors and are subject to the protection granted by applicable laws or international treaties relating to intellectual property.
All trademarks — nominal or figurative — and all other marks, trade names, service marks, word marks, illustrations, images, or logos appearing in connection with Briefy are, and remain, the exclusive property of the Owner or its licensors and are subject to the protection granted by applicable laws or international treaties related to intellectual property.
Changes to these Terms
The Owner reserves the right to amend or otherwise modify these Terms at any time. In such cases, the Owner will appropriately inform the User of these changes.
Such changes will only affect the relationship with the User from the date communicated to Users onwards.
The continued use of the Service will signify the User's acceptance of the revised Terms. If Users do not wish to be bound by the changes, they must stop using the Service and may terminate the Agreement.
The applicable previous version will govern the relationship prior to the User's acceptance. The User can obtain any previous version from the Owner.
If legally required, the Owner will notify Users in advance of when the modified Terms will take effect.
Exception for Consumers in France
Regardless of the above, any change of these Terms shall be communicated in writing no later than one month prior to becoming effective. Should Consumers in France not accept the modified Terms, they shall have the right to terminate the Agreement without any penalty nor right to claim compensation up to four months following the day on which the modified Terms have become effective.
Assignment of contract
The Owner reserves the right to transfer, assign, dispose of by novation, or subcontract any or all rights or obligations under these Terms, taking the User's legitimate interests into account.Provisions regarding changes of these Terms will apply accordingly.
Users may not assign or transfer their rights or obligations under these Terms in any way, without the written permission of the Owner.
All communications relating to the use of Briefy must be sent using the contact information stated in this document.
Should any provision of these Terms be deemed or become invalid or unenforceable under applicable law, the invalidity or unenforceability of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
Any such invalid or unenforceable provision will be interpreted, construed and reformed to the extent reasonably required to render it valid, enforceable and consistent with its original intent.These Terms constitute the entire Agreement between Users and the Owner with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersede all other communications, including but not limited to all prior agreements, between the parties with respect to such subject matter.These Terms will be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Should any provision of these Terms be or be deemed void, invalid or unenforceable, the parties shall do their best to find, in an amicable way, an agreement on valid and enforceable provisions thereby substituting the void, invalid or unenforceable parts.
In case of failure to do so, the void, invalid or unenforceable provisions shall be replaced by the applicable statutory provisions, if so permitted or stated under the applicable law.
Without prejudice to the above, the nullity, invalidity or impossibility to enforce a particular provision of these Terms shall not nullify the entire Agreement, unless the severed provisions are essential to the Agreement, or of such importance that the parties would not have entered into the contract if they had known that the provision would not be valid, or in cases where the remaining provisions would translate into an unacceptable hardship on any of the parties.
These Terms are governed by the law of the place where the Owner is based, as disclosed in the relevant section of this document, without regard to conflict of laws principles.
Prevalence of national law
However, regardless of the above, if the law of the country that the User is located in provides for a higher applicable consumer protection standard, such higher standards shall prevail.
Exception for Consumers in Brazil
If the User qualifies as a Consumer in Brazil and the product and/or service is commercialized in Brazil, Brazilian law will apply.
Venue of jurisdiction
The exclusive competence to decide on any controversy resulting from or connected to these Terms lies with the courts of the place where the Owner is based, as displayed in the relevant section of this document.
Exception for Consumers in Europe
The above does not apply to any Users that qualify as European Consumers, nor to Consumers based in the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Norway or Iceland.
Exception for Consumers in Brazil
The above does not apply to Users in Brazil that qualify as Consumers.
This Agreement shall continue in effect until it is terminated by either Briefy or the User. Upon termination, the provisions contained in these Terms that by their context are intended to survive termination or expiration will survive, including but not limited to the following:
- the User's grant of licenses under these Terms shall survive indefinitely;
- the User's indemnification obligations shall survive for a period of five years from the date of termination;
- the disclaimer of warranties and representations, and the stipulations under the section containing indemnity and limitation of liability provisions, shall survive indefinitely.
Amicable dispute resolution
Users may bring any disputes to the Owner who will try to resolve them amicably.
While Users' right to take legal action shall always remain unaffected, in the event of any controversy regarding the use of Briefy or the Service, Users are kindly asked to contact the Owner at the contact details provided in this document.
The User may submit the complaint including a brief description and if applicable, the details of the related order, purchase, or account, to the Owner's email address specified in this document.
The Owner will process the complaint without undue delay and within 5 days of receiving it.
Online dispute resolution for Consumers
The European Commission has established an online platform for alternative dispute resolutions that facilitates an out-of-court method for solving disputes related to and stemming from online sale and service contracts.
As a result, any European Consumer or Consumer based in Norway, Iceland, or Liechtenstein can use such platform for resolving disputes stemming from contracts which have been entered into online. The platform is available at the following link.
Definitions and legal references
Briefy (or this Application)
The property that enables the provision of the Service.
Any legally binding or contractual relationship between the Owner and the User, governed by these Terms.
Brazilian (or Brazil)
Applies where a User, regardless of nationality, is in Brazil.
European (or Europe)
Applies where a User, regardless of nationality, is in the EU.
Owner (or We)
Indicates the natural person(s) or legal entity that provides Briefy and/or the Service to Users.
A good or service available for purchase through Briefy, such as e.g. physical goods, digital files, software, booking services etc.
The sale of Products may be part of the Service.
The service provided by Briefy as described in these Terms and on Briefy.
All provisions applicable to the use of Briefy and/or the Service as described in this document, including any other related documents or agreements, and as updated from time to time.
United Kingdom (or UK)
Applies where a User, regardless of nationality, is in the United Kingdom.
Any user of the Service, whether a human being or legal entity.
User (or You)
Indicates any natural person or legal entity using Briefy.
Consumer is any User qualifying as such under applicable law.
Latest update: August 18, 2023